19 August, 2017
Basil Bean SaladPosted in : Salads on by : admin
- 1 16 oz can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can canellini beans
- 1 14-1/2 oz can cut green beans, drained
- 1 14-1/2 oz can wax beans, drained
- 1 small jar diced pimentos
- 1 16 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp dried basil (I prefer to use fresh and double the quantity)
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning (Use another spicy seasoning if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
In a large bowl, combine beans, green pepper, onion, corn and pimentos.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, basil, mustard, Creole seasoning and pepper; mix well.
Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
Chill for several hours or overnight; stir occasionally.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings.