There are many good reasons to cook your own meals from scratch.
1. Fresher ingredients (you know when and where they were purchased)
2. Spend less money (even less than at fast-food restaurant)
3. Less salt, sugar, and fat than processed foods or restaurants meals.
4. Better tasting (you can tweak it to your own preferences)
Then there are reasons (perhaps excuses) you do not cook from scratch at home.
1. Don’t have time
2. It is more work (washing pots, pans and dishes)
3. Don’t know how to cook
4. It is so easy to cook a frozen dinner and some of them pretty good.
The truth will set you free.
1. Read the ingredients on the package. Does this food contain any of the following: high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate, benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisol (BHA), butylated hydroxy toluene (BHT), sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, food coloring and dyes, partially hydrogenated oil, monosodium glutimate (MSG), propyl gallate, potassium bromate, etc. Do these ingredients sound like food to you? Please look them up and see what they do to your body. I doubt you would add any of them to your own recipes.
2. Eat well and feel better.
3. Cooking is creative and fun.
4. Use the proper cooking utensils and make clean up easier.
5. Be the perfect host. Treat your guests to a delicious gourmet meal made from fresh, wholesome ingredients. This is something they will rarely find anywhere else.