- 1/3 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
Whisk together the mint, 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Put chicken breasts in a sealable bag. Add the marinade.
Turn to coat the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
Melt butter with 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
Add onion and jalapeno and cook 4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
Remove from heat and stir in the mustard and honey.
Grill breasts over medium high for 8 minutes, turning once.
Baste the chicken with the mustard sauce and continue grilling 5 more minutes or until the juice runs clear.
Tip: Keep the grill lid closed as much as possible to promote quick and even cooking and reduce flare ups.