- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, diced into chunks
- 2 white potatoes, quartered
- 1 (1 lb.) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1/3 C apple juice, unsweetened
- 2 cloves
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 t orange peel, grated
- 1/2 t mustard
- 1 cabbage, wedged
Using a 3 quart slow cooker, place the onion into the bottom, followed by carrots and potatoes.
Place the meat on top of the vegetables.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together apple juice, cloves, sugar, orange peel, mustard and spice pack.
Pour over the brisket.
Cover and cook for 4 hours on high setting.
Add cabbage wedges.
Cover and cook until the meat and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove cloves prior to serving.
Serves 2. You can double the ingredients and use a larger crockpot for more servings.