- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) can non alcoholic beer
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Cheddar American cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
Combine potatoes, onions, celery and carrots in the crock pot.
Season with garlic and pepper and stir to coat the vegetables.
Stir in broth and beer.
Cover and cook 6 hours on low.
Use a potato masher to carefully mash the vegetables in the crock pot.
Add cheese and whipping cream and mix until all the cheese is melted and blended into the soup.
Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes until heated through.
Add toasted rye bread cubes to the bowls of soup for texture.
Regular beer can be used in this recipe if preferred.