- 1 lb beef chuck, boneless and cut into cubes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup carrots, sliced thin
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Cup bow tie pasta, uncooked
Combine beef, seasoned tomatoes (do not drain), broth, both types of beans, carrots and onions in the crock pot. Stir to mix well.
Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
Add in the uncooked pasta. Mix well until all pasta is covered.
Cover the crock pot and cook for 40 minutes on high, or until pasta is tender.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
The cook time can be reduced to 4 hours on the high setting, but the pasta still requires the additional 40 minutes after the soup is done simmering.