- 1 pound (500 grams) bacon, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pound 12 ozs. (750 grams) beef ground (minced)
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) of sausage meat (sausage mince)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped (I prefer the Italian flat leaf parsley)
- 2 Tbsp rosemary needles (halve the amount if using dried)
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup of tomato ketchup (sauce)
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of red-wine vinegar
Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C)
Make Glaze by combining the three glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Brush the glaze over both sides of the bacon.
Line a 9″ x 4″ x 3″ (20 x 10 x 7 cm) loaf pan with strips of bacon allowing it to overlap.
Place all remaining ingredients into a non-metallic bowl and mix together.
Press this mixture into the loaf tin and fold the bacon over the top to enclose the filling.
Cook for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Drain any excess fluid.
Carefully turn the loaf out onto a serving dish and brush again with remaining glaze.
Cook for another 10 minutes or until the top is golden color.