White fish, shrimp, clams and crab give this Fish Soup Recipe a little something for everyone! Simple to make in the crock pot, this soup can be enjoyed all year long.
- 2 Cups onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb. white fish, cut into 1 in pieces
- 3/4 lb uncooked medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 (6 1/2 oz) can chopped clams with juice
- 1 (6 oz) can crab meat, drained
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
Combine onion, celery, garlic, tomatoes, clam juice, water, vinegar and oil into the crock pot.
Season with Italian seasoning, sugar and pepper flakes. Stir well.
Add the bay leaf and stir again, mixing the ingredients well.
Cover and cook 4 hours on high.
Add the fish, shrimp, clams with the juice and crab meat to the crock pot.
Cook 45 minutes on low until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Remove the bay leaf and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
A dry white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay can be substituted for the water.