1 August, 2017
Apple Bread PuddingPosted in : Desserts on by : admin
Originally a peasant dish designed to use stale bread, it has evolved to the dessert menu of many top restaurants. Submitted by David McCarthy, Australia
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/2 cup peeled apple, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in bits
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
In mixing bowl, toss together bread, apple and butter.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and honey; whisk in cider, and vanilla and cinnamon.
Pour over bread mixture.
Let stand for 1 hour.
Pour pudding into 6-cup baking dish. Bake in 325F (160C) oven until apple bread pudding is firm (about 45 minutes).
Serve warm and add ice cream if desired.
This pudding will keep several days in the refrigerator.