Crunchy Chicken Salad
Crunchy Chicken Salad gets its crunch from cashews or peanuts, your choice. This salad is a fantastic as a light lunch. I have served this recipe in salad leaves and also with the chicken and nuts still warm for variation. Everything seems to work just fine.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 package 3 oz or 90 grams Oriental Noodles
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar or rice vinegar for sweetness if you prefer
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- ½ cup dry-roasted cashews or peanuts for more crunch
- 4 medium green onions (Spring onions) sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 bag 16 oz or 450 grams prepared coleslaw mix
Melt butter over medium heat.
Break block of noodles into bite-size pieces over skillet; stir noodles into butter mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in sesame seeds. Cook about 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly until noodles are golden brown.
Mix sugar, vinegar, oil and pepper in a large bowl.
Add noodle mixture and remaining ingredients; toss.
A glass of chilled Chardonnay goes well with this chicken salad with cashews.