This healthy and colorful Quinoa Salad features mangos, cucumbers and onions all served on a bed of fresh baby spinach. A flavorful homemade dressing of white wine vinegar and mango chutney tops off this delicious dish that can stand alone as a light main meal or serve as a delightful alternative to the usual side salad.
- 2 cups quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney chopped
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cups fresh mango peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fresh cucumber washed, scored, and chopped
- 6 green onions diced and divided (save 2 Tbsp out for garnish)
- 4 cups packed down baby spinach
Cook quinoa according to package (roughly 2 cups of water per 1 cup of quinoa). When cool, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, chutney, curry, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine quinoa, chopped mango, cucumber, all but 2 Tbsp of onions in a bowl. Mix well.
Add 1/4 cup of dressing and stir well to incorporate.
Arrange baby spinach leaves on 4 to 6 plates and top with quinoa salad.
Top each salad with remaining green onions and dressing.