This easy to make Ravioli Salad combines peas and fresh asparagus for a light side dish that can also be a full meal. Prepare ahead and take to parties or a picnic as a surprise dish.
- 1 lb. ricotta-stuffed fresh ravioli
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen sweet green peas
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach washed and dried thoroughly
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly shredded
Cook ravioli according to package. Make sure to add 1 tsp of salt to the water if not instructed to do so on the package.
About 5 minutes before the ravioli cooking time is finished, add frozen peas. Return to a boil.
Add asparagus just as water begins to boil.
Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
Pour ravioli and vegetables into a large colander and drain thoroughly.
Combine cooked pasta and vegetables with spinach, pine nuts, and olive oil.
Toss well to combine.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.