This Sausage Soup uses pepperoni and green chilies for a spicy pizza-flavored treat. Great for teen gatherings and sports-themed parties: set a crock pot of this soup on the buffet table to keep warm all through the big game.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 4 oz pkg. pepperoni slices
- 1 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can died tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can green chilies, chopped
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 15 oz can pizza sauce
Brown the sausage with the onions over medium heat (about 8 minutes).
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Place in a crock pot with pepperoni, both cans of beans, tomatoes and the green chilies.
Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in pizza sauce and mix well.
Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
Serve with an Italian cheese blend sprinkled on top.