Three Bean Salad
Three bean salad is the most basic of the bean salad recipes. This little gem of a salad is often overlooked by people who spend hours searching for the exotic. A little trick I use sometimes is to add a handful of roasted peanuts just before serving to add some crunch. This isn’t cheating because the peanut is a bean and not a nut.
- 1 16 oz can 450 grams green beans
- 1 16 oz can 450 grams kidney beans
- 1 16 oz can 450 grams wax beans
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper capsicum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Roasted peanuts optional
Drain the three kinds of beans and place them in a bowl.
Add all ingredients except the onion.
Mix well and chill several hours.
Add peanuts (optional) and onion before serving.
Adjust quantities to suit the number of people being served.