Tuna Pickle Boats
Trust me- these things are delicious! I was so skeptical at first, even though I like pickles with my tuna!
- 2 5- oz. Of cans tuna. these need to be drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise we prefer Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard this is optional-we made it with yellow mustard and no mustard
- 2 stalks of celery chopped fine
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill you will need extra for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 6 dill pickles
- Paprika – *optional
You want to start by combining the tuna, mayo/salad dressing, Dijon/yellow mustard, lemon juice, dill, and celery in a large mixing bowl. Be sure and mix until the ingredients are all combined. Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and combine/mix some more.
Next you want to slice the pickles in half;lengthwise. Take a spoon and scoop out the seeds of the pickles to create “boats”. Fill the hallowed pickles with the tuna mixture. You can garnish with paprika and/or more dill and enjoy.
These have been a huge hit at my house for several years. I am not sure why I never thought to make them for our July 4th celebration, but I am going to surprise everyone with them this year for sure!