Cooking has many benefits, so why would you not want to cook? Let’s compare the cooking your own meals with fresh ingredients to restaurant food and processed food (frozen, canned).
Reasons (perhaps excuses) you do not cook.
• Don’t have time.
• Don’t know how.
• Too much work washing pots, pans and dishes.
• It is so easy to microwave a frozen dinner and some of them taste pretty good.
Benefits of cooking.
• Eat healthy foods and feel better.
• Cooking is creative and fun.
• Fresher ingredients. You know when and where they were purchased.
• Spend less money, even less than at a fast-food restaurant.
• Less salt, sugar, and fat than processed foods or restaurants meals.
• Better tasting and you can tweak it to your own preferences.
• High fructose corn syrup, sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate, benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA), butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, food coloring and dyes, partially hydrogenated oil, monosodium glutamate (MSG), propyl gallate, potassium bromate, etc. Do these ingredients sound like food to you? Probably not, but you will find them in many refined, prepackaged and frozen foods. I doubt you would add any of them to your own recipes.