- 1 small red potato, cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 t cumin or 1/2 t cumin seeds
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 C dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 T fresh cilantro, chopped fine
Add red potatoes to a pot of water over medium heat. Bring to a brisk boil.
Cook for one minute, then add sweet potatoes.
Cook for another minute, and add carrots.
Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Drain well and place in a serving bowl.
Fold the tomatoes into the vegetables.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
Add seeds and stir continuously for 30 seconds or until seeds are fragrant and a light brown.
Place the toasted seeds into a blender with cumin (omit ground cumin if you’ve toasted cumin seeds), coconut milk, chili pepper and salt.
Pulse until the mixture becomes coarse and blended together.
Pour over vegetables.
Sprinkle peanuts and cilantro over the top just before serving.