Tomato and Corn Salsa is a true Mexican flavor that will enhance almost any barbecued dish, and goes very well with barbecued chicken.
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 small ears) or thawed frozen corn
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
2/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 to 1 jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and minced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
Fresh cilantro (coriander) sprigs
Mix all ingredients together in a large, non-metallic bowl, cover and chill before serving.
Tomato and Corn Salsa
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels from 2 small ears or thawed frozen corn
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno chili pepper seeded and minced
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- Fresh cilantro coriander sprigs
- Mix all ingredients together in a large, non-metallic bowl, cover and chill before serving.