Raspberry Salsa served with chicken adds a very special “oooomph” to your barbecue. The great thing about raspberries is that they freeze so well that you can almost replicate the fresh raspberry taste using frozen. That means that this is a year-round salsa. The tartness of raspberry is the perfect accompaniment to chicken because it actually highlights the taste of the poultry without the salsa stealing the limelight.
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
2 Serrano peppers, minced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
2 tsp fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped
1 pinch salt
Gently combine all the salsa ingredients, carefully leaving the raspberries whole.
Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper capsicum, chopped
- 2 Serrano peppers minced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Gently combine all the salsa ingredients, carefully leaving the raspberries whole.
- Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.