When you think of comfort food, bread is often at the top of the list. And when you add the bright flavors of orange and the crunch of pistachios, you get a delightful treat that’s perfect for any time of the day – Orange Pistachio Bread. This delicious bread combines the tangy flavor of oranges with the nutty crunch of pistachios, resulting in a moist and flavorful loaf. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or dessert, this bread is sure to become a favorite in your household.
To make this delightful bread, you will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped pistachios
Follow these simple steps to make the Orange Pistachio Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs, orange juice, orange zest, and vegetable oil. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined. Fold in the chopped pistachios. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving, this bread contains approximately 280 calories, 12g of total fat, 2g of saturated fat, 46mg of cholesterol, 202mg of sodium, 39g of total carbohydrates, 2g of dietary fiber, 18g of sugars, and 6g of protein.
- To enhance the orange flavor, you can add a tablespoon of orange liqueur to the batter.
- If you prefer a bread with less sugar, you can reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup.
- You can also add a glaze made of powdered sugar and orange juice over the top of the bread while it’s still warm.
Brighten up your day with this delicious and nutritious Orange Pistachio Bread. The tangy flavor of oranges combined with the nutty crunch of pistachios makes this bread a delightful treat for any time of the day. Enjoy a slice with your morning coffee, as a mid-afternoon snack, or as a tasty dessert after dinner. Happy baking!