Leg of Lamb Recipe St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
THIS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE MAKES A PERFECT MAIN COURSE FOR YOUR ST. PATRICK’S DAY DINNER. ADD OUR SIDE DISHES OF MASHED POTATOES OR OUR CABBAGE CASSEROLE AND ENJOY.
- 2 T lemon juice
- garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 t dried rosemary
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 5 lb. leg of lamb
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, pour lemon juice and whisk in garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Add salt and pepper. Whisk to blend.
- Rub the seasoning mixture over the meat.
- Place the meat (fat side up) on a rack in a deep roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the lamb, being careful not to hit a bone.
- Cook for 2 hours or until the thermometer reads 145 to 165 F.
- Serves 4.