24 April, 2018
Jamaican Curried LambPosted in : International, Jamaican, Lamb, Meat Dishes on by : admin Tags: allspice, boneless lamb, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, cider vinegar, curry powder, onions
Jamaican Curried Lamb cooked in a crock pot brings the flavor of the Caribbean into your dining room. When you eat this dish, you can almost hear the wind rustling the palm leaves. As for Calypso or Reggae music, you may have to put a CD on the player.
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lb (675 grams) boneless lamb, cut in 1 inch (25 mm) cubes
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tsp allspice (ground)
- 1 1/2 cup stock or bouillon
- 1 Tbsp wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (or more)curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole chili pepper, cut top off and discard seeds
Brown meat quickly in oil.
Remove meat, then cook onion in oil until soft but not brown.
Transfer to the slow cooker; add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours.
Discard chili pepper before serving.