24 April, 2018
Italian Sausage SoupPosted in : Appetizers, Crockpot, International, Italian, Meat Dishes, Pork, Soups, Vegetables, Zucchini on by : admin Tags: bay leaf, carrots, chickpeas, garlic, italian pork sausage, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, potato, soup, tomatoes, zucchini
- 1/2 lb Italian pork sausage
- 1 Cup fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Cup zucchini cut Julianne style
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink (about 7 minutes).
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Combine browned sausage, carrots, potatoes and garlic in the crock pot.
Pour in broth and stir well.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes (do not drain) and water.
Add Italian seasoning and the bay leaf. Stir well.
Cover and cook for 8 1/2 hours on low.
Remove the bay leaf and mix in the zucchini.
Cover and cook 25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese just before serving.