24 April, 2018
Italian SaladPosted in : Appetizers, Bread, International, Italian, Side Dishes on by : admin Tags: balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes, dried basit, garlic, italian seasoned croutons, lettuce greens, mozzarella cheese, parsley, red onion, red pepper, sliced pepperoni
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. lettuce greens
- 4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet red onion, sliced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. sliced pepperoni
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (5.5 oz.) box Italian seasoned croutons
Toss lettuce, tomatoes, onions and red pepper in a large bowl until combined.
Add in the pepperoni slices and toss again.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
Cover the salad and chill at least 4 hours.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, place the olive oil and vinegar, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Seal and shake well to mix.
Pour dressing onto the salad and toss to coat well.
Sprinkle with croutons before serving.
Sliced mushrooms and green peppers can be added for variety.