24 April, 2018
Italian OmeletPosted in : Breakfast, International, Italian on by : admin Tags: garlic, green pepper, omelet, onion, oregano, parmesan cheese, parsley, red pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 small onion)
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green pepper (1 large pepper)
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 9 to 12 eggs
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (use fresh if available)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes (use fresh if available)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat about 1 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; sauté until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
Meanwhile, place the eggs in a large bowl with about 2 Tbsp water. Beat with wire whisk until frothy.
Add the sauteed vegetables, herbs, cheese and seasoning. Beat until well combined.
Heat about 3 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat in same skillet used to sauté the vegetables.
Add the egg mixture.
Cook until set, pushing sides to center occasionally to allow wet portions to flow to bottom of pan, about 4 minutes.
Cover pan to make egg mixture rise and produce a lighter, fluffier omelet.
Cut into quarter wedges and carefully turn each wedge to enable top side to get done, about another 2 minutes.