- 2 T canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless round steak, cut into chunks
- 2 T flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope garlic and herb dressing mix
- 3 white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Do not allow it to smoke.
Coat the meat thoroughly with the flour in a shallow bowl.
Stir onion into hot oil to coat.
Add the floured meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and the onion is tender,about 12 minutes.
Add broth and tomatoes.
Sprinkle dressing mix into the pot; stir to blend all the ingredients.
Bring to a full steady boil.
Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that meat does not stick.
Add potatoes and carrots.
Continue cooking, covered, an additional 30 minutes.
Remove lid and continue cooking 15 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened to your liking.