Tacos are a crowd-pleasing favorite that can be enjoyed any time of year. But instead of buying pre-packaged taco seasoning from the store, why not try making your own homemade version? It’s easy, cost-effective, and you can customize the flavors to your liking. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a delicious homemade taco seasoning that’s perfect for your next taco night at home.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices until well combined.
- Store the taco seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To use the seasoning, add 1-2 tablespoons to cooked ground beef or chicken while cooking. Alternatively, mix the seasoning with sour cream or Greek yogurt to create a delicious taco sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking by adding more or less of any of the spices. You can also experiment with different ingredients, such as smoked paprika or chipotle powder, to create a unique flavor profile.
Homemade taco seasoning is a quick and easy way to add bold and delicious flavor to your tacos. By making your own seasoning, you can control the ingredients and customize it to your liking. Plus, it’s a cost-effective alternative to store-bought seasoning blends. Give this recipe a try and enjoy your next taco night at home with a delicious homemade seasoning blend.