16 April, 2018
Hong Kong ChickenPosted in : Chinese, Crockpot, International, Meat Dishes, Poultry on by : admin Tags: chicken, chicken broth, garlic, ginger, green onions, pineapple, soy sauce, water chestnuts
- 4 pounds (1,800 grams) chicken pieces, boned and skinned
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 cup garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 cup pineapple slices
- 1 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 4 green onions (Spring onions), diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple. Cut pineapple slices into quarters.
Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken. Pour ginger sauce over all.
Cover and cook on Low 3-4 hours, or until tender
Add green onions.
Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar. Stir into pot.
Cover and cook on High 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Serve with crisp Chinese noodles.