- 2 Cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup of coconut, flaked
- 1/2 Cup of toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 Cup of oat bran
- 1/4 Cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup of almond slivers
- 1/4 Cup of pecan pieces
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 Tbsp of golden raisins
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Toss oats, coconut, wheat germ and oat bran together in a large bowl.
Mix in sunflower seeds, almond slivers, pecan pieces and sesame seeds.
In a separate bowl whisk together the honey, oil, orange peel, vanilla and salt.
Pour the wet blend over the dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
Spread the mixture out evenly into a 15×10 baking pan.
Bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Allow to cool completely, then stir in cranberries, apricots and raisins.
Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 7 cups.