If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dessert option that won’t derail your healthy eating goals, look no further than this low sugar chocolate avocado pudding recipe from RecipesMania.
Made with just a handful of wholesome ingredients, this creamy and indulgent chocolate pudding is not only low in sugar but also packed with healthy fats and antioxidants.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious dessert:
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
– optional toppings: chopped nuts, fresh berries, whipped cream
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor.
2. Add the cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the blender.
3. Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
4. Divide the pudding into individual serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. Before serving, add your desired toppings, such as chopped nuts, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
Now let’s talk about the health benefits of this dessert. Avocados are rich in healthy fats, such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. They also contain fiber, which can help promote digestive health and keep you feeling full.
Cocoa powder is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. It also contains flavanols, which can help improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
By using honey or maple syrup instead of refined sugar, this recipe is lower in sugar and has a lower glycemic index, which means it won’t cause a spike in your blood sugar levels.
So go ahead and indulge in this delicious and healthy chocolate avocado pudding. You won’t even miss the sugar!
For more healthy and delicious recipes, be sure to check out RecipesMania