11 April, 2018
Ground Turkey with PastaPosted in : Meat Dishes, Pasta Dishes, Turkey on by : admin Tags: basil, bow tie pasta, diced tomatoes, garlic, ground turkey, italian seasoning, tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey (see variation below for using leftover turkey instead)
- 1-2 cans diced tomatoes (depending on how much you like tomatoes)
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp basil (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta (bow tie is a nice touch)
Brown the turkey in a large skillet over medium heat. You do not have to drain because there is very little or no grease if the turkey is lean.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and garlic. This should simmer for 20 minutes covered stirring occasionally.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, and then drain. Combine the pasta and turkey mixture; toss and serve.