11 April, 2018
Grilled Portobello SandwichPosted in : Grilling, Sandwiches on by : admin Tags: garlic, green bell pepper, portobello mushrooms, provolone cheese, red bell pepper, rosemary, submarine rolls
- 1 lb. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, Julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, Julienned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce, heated
- 4 submarine rolls
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. provolone cheese slices
Coat mushrooms and onions with olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Blend well.
Divide the vegetables into two batches to grill.
Grill each batch over medium heat on an oiled grate for 10 minutes, turning often.
Reduce heat to low.
Brush the inside of the rolls with tomato sauce.
Place 1/4 of the vegetables onto each roll and top with cheese.
Close the rolls and wrap each tightly in foil.
Grill the sandwiches for about 10 minutes. The bread should be crispy and the cheese melted.
Makes 4 sandwiches.