- 3 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp chipotle, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Warm 2 Tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t smoke.
Stir in garlic and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
Add beans and tomatoes.
Cook 10 minutes until beans are soft.
Mash beans with a potato masher and stir mixture well.
Blend in chipotle, salt and pepper.
Warm tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds each side.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/3 cup of the bean mash onto each tortilla.
Fold in the sides and roll the tortillas.
Place tortilla seam-side down on the grill.
Grill over medium low heat for 18 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.