Watercress, navel oranges, mango and avocado lend color and crunch to this festive Fruit and Shrimp Salad Recipe. Great as a light lunch for two.
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 bunch of fresh watercress, rinsed, dried and stemmed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Toss lettuce and watercress in a bowl until combined.
Add avocado, orange and mango slices.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil. Close the jar and shake well to mix.
Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
Cook shrimp in the heated oil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. Shrimp will be bright red when done.
Turn off the heat but leave the skillet on the burner.
Pour in the oil dressing and stir to cover the shrimp.
Allow the shrimp to sit in the skillet until the dressing is heated through.
Spoon the shrimp into the salad blend and pour the remaining dressing from the skillet over the top of the salad.