25 March, 2018
Fried Chicken TendersPosted in : Meat Dishes, Poultry on by : admin Tags: breadcrumbs, chicken, fried chicken, nutmeg, orange, orange juice
This quick fried chicken tenders recipe serves 4 adults and takes ten minutes to prepare and 6 – 10 minutes to cook. The result is a crunchy-coated chicken that will delight you and your guests.
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders (tenderloin)
- 1 cup of all-purpose (self-raising) flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of orange juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of pecans finely chopped in a blender
- ½ tsp of nutmeg (Best to grate a fresh nutmeg.)
- Zest from 1 orange
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for cooking
Heat 1 ½ inches (38mm) vegetable oil over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Set out three shallow dishes assembly line style. Flour in first dish. Beaten egg in second dish. Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, nutmeg and orange zest in the final dish.
Roll the seasoned tenders in flour, then egg mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture and place into the pan. Note: Cook in batches rather than attempting to cook all at once.
Fry for 6-7 minutes and then remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
Note: Use leftovers (if there are any) for a hot salad.