25 March, 2018
Fried Chicken PattiesPosted in : Broccoli, Meat Dishes, Poultry, Vegetables on by : admin Tags: beans, broccoli, chicken, corn, dry soup mix, peas
This recipe for fried chicken patties is a terrific way to use up left-over chicken and the thing I like most about it is that children love it, plus they get their veggies in this, too.
- 1 small to medium red (Spanish) onion, diced into small pieces (No reason why you cannot use chopped green onion.)
- 1 packet of dry soup mix (I use chicken, but there is no reason why you cannot use another favorite soup.)
- 2 cups (approx) of mashed (creamed) potato
- 2 cups of cooked chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup of another favorite chopped vegetable. You can use corn, beans, peas, broccoli etc., or even mix 2 or 3 vegetables.
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in pan and gently fry onions. (I never use uncooked onion because it usually takes longer to cook than other ingredients.)
Place soup mix, mashed potato, chicken and the cooked onion (and vegetables if you use them) into a bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Shape the mix into 8 patties.
Fry gently in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
Drain on paper towels and serve with a tossed green salad.