This fried chicken parmesan recipe is for four people and takes around 20 – 25 minutes to prepare and cook. It is ideal served with pasta or a green salad. You can alter the quantity of ingredients to suit the number and appetites you are cooking for.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp each of herbs to taste: oregano and basil or rosemary and thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp of chopped toasted almonds (You toast almonds in a dry pan, over heat until they brown.)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter for cooking
In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs, chopped almonds, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp each of your chosen herbs, salt and pepper. In another bowl combine egg and water.
Heat butter in a skillet. A heavy fry pan or a wok is fine.
Dip chicken in egg mixture, roll in seasoned breadcrumbs, then place crumbled chicken into the hot butter and fry, turning once when first side is brown and crispy, until the juices of the chicken run clear.
Remove cooked chicken onto paper towel and allow excess fat to drip off.
Tip: Do not crowd the pan when cooking chicken, if necessary cook two pieces at a time.
Serve with pasta (with appropriate sauce) or green salad and a chilled glass of Reisling or other dry white wine.