14 March, 2018
Fried Chicken Cordon BleuPosted in : French, Meat Dishes, Poultry on by : admin
- 4 Half chicken breasts, boned and skin removed
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup diced ham
- 3 strips of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I’ve also seen crushed corn flakes used)
- 1 Tbsp of fresh rosemary (Halve the amount if using ground)
- Pinch of Paprika.
- Cook in vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a skillet. Olive oil will not achieve the temperature required for frying chicken.
Slice a pocket into each chicken breast and insert diced ham and the strip of cheese. Use a toothpick to hold the pocket closed.
Mix the flour with the rosemary and paprika – lay out on a plate for coating the breasts.
Have the egg in another plate and the crumbs in a third plate.
Bring the oil up to frying temperature (quite hot.
Coat the first breast with flour, shaking off the excess. Roll it in egg and then roll it in crumbs and drop into the hot oil.
Quickly repeat the process with each of the other breasts.
Cook until brown on the outside and the cheese has melted on the inside.
Ideal with a glass of chilled dry Reisling or Sauvignon Blanc.