This Easy Fruit Salad Recipe combines fresh apples and pears with fennel and shallots in a zesty sauce made with orange juice and olive oil. Make a great side dish for cookouts and pot luck dinners.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, trim and dice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly grated orange rind
- Freshly grated lemon rind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Sprinkle the apples and pears with lemon juice, then combine with fennel, raisins and shallots in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend well.
Fold in orange and lemon rind.
Pour the sauce over the fruit.
Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.