This Asian-style easy Chicken Noodle Soup is a flavorful change from the ordinary. Bamboo shoots and water chestnuts give this simple slow cooker soup a delightful crunch. Make this soup when you need a light yet filling lunch.
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. baby carrots cut in half
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots, sliced and drained
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. oriental flavored noodle soup mix
- 1 (32 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, chopped
Important: Layer the ingredients in the crock pot as listed below. Do not stir.
Place chicken in the crock pot.
Layer the carrots, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts in that order.
Add the oriental seasoning packet from the noodle soup.
Carefully pour in the broth. Do not stir.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred using a fork. Return shredded chicken into the crock pot and stir.
Break up the noodles from the soup mix.
Add noodles and snap peas to the crock pot. Stir to blend well.
Cover and cook for about 15 more minutes until the noodles are tender.
Sprinkle in the green onion just before serving.
Note: Chicken thighs are recommended for this recipe as they remain moist during the long cooking time and add more flavor than chicken breasts.