Marshmallow chicks and bunnies make this Easter Peeps Cake a fun treat to make as well as eat.
- 1 (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- 1 (16 oz.) container butter cream frosting
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of coconut, shredded
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- 1 (6 ct. each) pkg. of Peeps marshmallow chicks and bunnies
Bake the cake as directed in a 9 x 13 pan.
Allow to cool completely and frost with butter cream icing.
Put coconut and green food coloring into a plastic bag. Seal and shake until the coconut is the desired shade.
Sprinkle the colored coconut on the top of the cake.
Stick the Peeps into the coconut using toothpicks.
For added fun, add a few jelly beans around the critters to represent Easter eggs.