Diet Beef and Peppers is a great slow cooker recipe and is a meal that can shared with the non-dieters in the family, because it is so tasty that they’ll never know that its healthy. I’m a great believer in making a diet tasty if you want to stay with it. When it becomes bland and you stop enjoying it that’s the time when you are most likely to waiver and stray from your goal.
- 2 lbs (900 grams)lean round steak, trim all fat
- 2 green (bell) peppers (capsicum), sliced thin
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 1 cup beef broth or beef stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (use more if you wish)
Cut the steak into serving size pieces. Put the vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot, then lay the steak in a single layer on top of the vegetables. Pour the rest of the ingredients over the top.
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high for about 4 hours.
If you wish to thicken, stir in a little cornstarch (corn flour) just prior to serving.