19 March, 2018
Crunchy Chicken SaladPosted in : Meat Dishes, Poultry, Salads on by : admin Tags: cashews, chicken salad, geen onions, oriental noodles, peanuts, sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 package (3 oz or 90 grams) Oriental Noodles
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar (or rice vinegar for sweetness if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup dry-roasted cashews (or peanuts for more crunch)
- 4 medium green onions,(Spring onions) sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 bag (16 oz or 450 grams) prepared coleslaw mix
Melt butter over medium heat.
Break block of noodles into bite-size pieces over skillet; stir noodles into butter mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in sesame seeds. Cook about 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly until noodles are golden brown.
Mix sugar, vinegar, oil and pepper in a large bowl.
Add noodle mixture and remaining ingredients; toss.
A glass of chilled Chardonnay goes well with this chicken salad with cashews.