- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) pork shoulder roast, boneless and cut into pieces
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp + 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 8 small red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 Cups baby carrots cut in half
- 1 (12 oz) jar pork gravy
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Season the pork with salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
Brown the pork until no longer pink in the middle (about 7 minutes).
Put the browned pork into the slow cooker.
Add the potatoes, carrots, gravy mix and ketchup.
Stir in the rosemary, sage and the remaining pepper.
Mix all the ingredients well, then cover and cook for 7 hours on low.
Add the beans and stir well.
Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes on high until the beans are tender.
To save time in both preparation and clean-up, place uncooked pork into the pot to brown during the simmering time. This will result in a little less color and flavor.