- 1 cup whole grain cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp frozen concentrate apple juice
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 2/3 cups fresh blueberries
- Canola non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Prepare a muffin tin by spraying each cup with the cooking spray.
Blend cornmeal, flour, wheat germ and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, juice, egg whites and oil.
Slowly add the buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until moistened.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Place batter in each muffin cup filling 2/3 full.
Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool before removing from tin.