Cool Chicken Salad is a quick to prepare and delicious to eat recipe that suits our rushed lifestyles. It contains grapes and pineapple and crunch is supplied by walnuts and/or pine nuts. In terms of good diet this recipe stands above so many others.
- 8 oz (225 grams) cooked chicken breast, broken into chunks
- 1 oz (28 grams) celery, diced
- 1 oz (28 grams) onion, chopped
- 3 oz (85 grams) red seedless grapes
- 3 oz (85 grams) pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 oz (225 grams) mayonnaise (or diet mayo)
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- pine nuts, optional
Toss all ingredients together and serve on a bed of fresh crisp lettuce. Top with walnut pieces and paprika. You can add pine nuts, too if you wish. Serves 1.