The secret of getting the best cookies is to remove them from the oven just as the edges start to turn brown. They will cool to a beautiful crispy, crunchy consistency that everybody loves.
- 1 lb (450 grams) light brown sugar
- 3 sticks butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup whole wheat or whole grain flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 12 oz (340 grams) package chocolate chips
Cream together brown sugar, softened margarine and eggs. Add vanilla, flour, wheat germ, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir in oats and chocolate chips last.
Dip cookie dough with ice cream scoop and drop onto baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Recipe makes about 2 dozen giant choc chip cookies.