16 March, 2018
Chocolate CheesecakePosted in : Desserts on by : admin Tags: almond filling, cheesecake, chocolate, strawberries
- 6 Tbsp butter, well-chilled and cut into 1/2″ (12mm) pieces
- 1 pkg chocolate wafer cookies, 8.5oz (240gm)
- 1 can almond filling, 12oz (340gm)
- 3 pkg cream cheese, 8oz (225gm)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (sweetening optional)
Generously butter a 9″ spring-form pan.
Finely crush chocolate cookies in food processor, using on/off by turns.
Cut in butter until mixture begins to gather together.
Press crumbs into bottom of pan and up sides to 3/4 inch from top; make sure there are no cracks.
Refrigerate crust for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325F (160C) degrees. Bake crust 10 minutes and allow to cool.
Spread almond filling over the crust.
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition with electric mixer.
Pour mixture carefully over almond layer, then bake about 65 minutes.
Let cake cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
Garnish with cut strawberries.