14 March, 2018
Chinese Fried Rice RecipePosted in : Chinese, International, Pork on by : admin Tags: chinese fried rice, frozen peas, pork, spring onions
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 225g (8oz) Cooked long grain rice (Boiled or steamed)
- 75g (3oz) Smoked lean bacon, finely diced
- 75g (3oz) Peeled prawns
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 100g (4oz) Fresh or frozen peas, blanched
- 6 Spring (green) Onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, until just smoking.
Stir in the rice and stir fry for 1 minute, then add the bacon and prawns.
Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes over a high heat.
Stir in the beaten eggs, peas and spring onions, and cook for a further two minutes.
Season to taste.
Serve piping hot.
Garnish with the ends (tassels) of the spring onions
Note: For best results, when boiling or steaming the rice slightly undercook it.
Enjoy the taste of Asia with your Chinese Fried Rice.