14 March, 2018
Chili Chicken SaladPosted in : avocado, Meat Dishes, Poultry, Salads on by : admin Tags: avocado, red onion, sweet chili sauce, tomatoes
- 1 chicken breast
- Chopped Cos or other lettuce (Amount depends upon how many you are serving.)
- 1/2 cup of rocket leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, de-seeded and cut in 1/4 inch (6mm) squares
- 1/2 Avocado cut into 1/2 inch (12mm) segments
- 1/2 Spanish (red) onion, finely diced
- 2 Rashers of bacon, crisped and broken into small pieces (Can use Pancetta for saltier flavor.)
- Sweet Chili Sauce of choice
Cut chicken breast into 1 inch (25 mm) squares and cook in a skillet or wok with only oil spray only.
When chicken is cooked put in bowl and add Sweet Chili Sauce, mix well.
Place all other ingredients into a salad serving bowl and toss.
Make a well in the center of your salad mix and tip the chicken pieces into this well.
Serve while the chicken is still warm.
A dry white Sauvignon Blanc served from the refrigerator enhances this meal. You can also add freshly toasted pine nuts (about 1/4 cup) to add an extra flavor.